Microsoft patterns & practices for Web Service Software Factory (a.k.a.- Baseline Architecture Toolkit) Released
The Web Service Software Factory provides a range of tools that offer many benefits for architects and developers of services-based applications. The Service Factory is an integrated collection of tools, patterns, source code, and prescriptive instructions that were built with the primary goal of helping you build high-quality connected solutions in a more consistent way with less effort.
There are multiple ways to use the Service Factory:
- Study the documentation and source code to learn patterns that you can use in the development of your services-based applications.
- Follow detailed instructions to implement common patterns in your services-based applications.
- Use the guidance package to quickly incorporate implementation of common patterns in your Visual Studio solution.
- Examine the reference implementation to view the patterns at work in a simple application.
- Extend the guidance package to incorporate your organization's patterns for services-based development.
The Service Factory contains the following:
Reference implementation. The reference implementation is an executable sample application that demonstrates application of the patterns and practices around building services-based applications.
Guidance package. The Web Service Software Factory Guidance Package automates development activities that developers would usually have to manually perform, frequently by following a series of instructions. It helps developers build services-based solutions in a way consistent with the architecture guidance.
Documentation. The documentation is included in WebServiceSoftwareFactory.chm. It consists of the following major parts:
- Patterns. This introduces patterns that provide solutions to common services-based design and implementation challenges.
- Development Tasks. This topic describes how to complete isolated tasks in both a manual way and an automatic way using the Web Service Software Factory Guidance Package.
- Guidance Package. This introduces the Web Service Software Factory Guidance Package. It provides an overview of guidance automation and a description of how to use the Web Service Software Factory Guidance Package.
- Reference Implementation. This describes the first Service Factory reference implementation.
>>GET IT HERE<<